Please scroll down below the posts to see the HONORED MOTHERS list. THANK YOU TO EACH OF THE PIN DONORS...Ladies' Bible Study of Grace Presbyterian Church in Metairie; Jasper Ladies' Bible Study; First Presbyterian Church in Jasper; Eastside Baptist Church in Winfield; Sarah S; Abby Z; Citizen's Bank of Winfield; Frostproof Presbyterian Church; The Crump Family; The Gann Family; Freedom Assembly of God Church; Grace Presbyterian Church in Cedartown; The Paul Davis Family; Guin FBC; Jackie A; Carole B; Diann C; Michaela P; The Hager Family; The Fowler Family; Broken Wings Ministry; Lisa H; Gina A; Tom and Sandra G; Johnny D; Susanna B; Erica B; Lisa N; Jessica G; Lisa N; Cora V; Rosemary S; Marissa S; Melissa W; Barbara W; Janet G; Lisa H; Debbie D; Regina S; Judy D; Betty H; Betty B; Donna and Donny B; Leah S; First Baptist Church in Winfield; The Korkie Family; Heritage Presbyterian Church in Royston; Right to Life in Michigan; Kina L; JoAnna P; Wellspring Christian Clinic; Nancy H; Shirley R; Wendy B; Debbie P; Jennifer B; Briarwood Presbyterian Church; Virginia C; The Robinson Family; Jessie M; Lottie A; Bekar M; Snook and Paulette G; Louie and Sandra P; Don and Judy M; Sheri W; Jack and Janet V; Greg and Debra W; Tim B; Necia R; Susan D; WA State, Tina R; Philadelphia Baptist Church; Sav-A-Life Vestavia; Christian T; Caroline L; Litea D; Ginger I; Dick and Molly D; Annie A; Grace A; Mike and Susan M; Darla B; Chandra B; Jannette S; The Holman Family; Iva H; Bro. Adam and Family; Dale P; Adam, Renae, Cole, Carter, and Caroline B; Vick and Debra S; Stoney and Karen B; Trent and Kacy H; David and Rocky B; Melba S; Charles and Susan O; Jeannie F; Jeremy, Lane, and Kristen L; Judy L; Jeremy, Deah, Skylar, Gavin, and Bella H; Derrick, Cassandra, Blake, and Carly A; Cedric and Evelyn F; Virginia B; Nell and Marshall L; Michael and Jennifer S; Kyle, Alicia, and Banks L; Ted S; Jimmy F; Doris S; Ray S; Gloria M; Juanita F; The Rumsey Family; Jack Hayden C; Lilly M; Jordan L; Sarita and Lydia E; Virginia D; Andrew B; Melanie W; Jim and LaVerne L; Tom and Carol H; Dan and Jan D; Lucy W; The Dan D Jr Family; Bret Z; Louise C; Nancy H; Tom and Sandi S; Lynn L; Kim H; Larry T; Wendy J; Brittany S; Noelle H; Alisa R; The Bolline Family; The Armour Family; David and Jill G; Lee Ann G; Nina B; Jerry D; Dru L; Shirley M; The Caka Family; Martha P; John and Elizabeth D; Tiffany K; John and Cherry R; Bradley D; Noelle R; Conley D!

March 4, 2017

The story behind "oPIN your eyes"...


In January 2017, I read an article by Marvin Olasky entitled, "Incapable of Shame?" found in WORLD magazine that contrasted the Holocaust and abortion. The article really touched my heart as it relayed a story of a man who, upon arriving at a concentration camp, said goodbye to his children.  Being reassured by the guard that his children would be taken care of, he never imagined that his children were being taken to gas chambers.  After the Holocaust, he mourned the fact that he didn't even have a picture of them.  The article went on to talk about abortion and that we do have pictures. We know exactly what these precious babies look like before and after abortion.  Yet what do we do? We close our eyes to this horrific mass murder.  

God brought to my mind an impressive Paper Clips Project display...
I had seen several years ago.  In Whitwell, TN, my family and I visited a railroad car that was once used to transport victims to concentration camps.  This car held 6,000,000 paper clips, each one representing a person who had been killed in the Holocaust.  I was astounded by how many paper clips there were!  Just to think that each one was a life.  I remember stepping out of the railroad car feeling sad, angry, frustrated, and shameful that I have had the chance to live my life so freely and without the pain and suffering that these people had experienced.  I was overwhelmed and heartbroken. 

America has killed nearly 10 times as many people as Hitler exterminated. Just as those human beings in Germany were stripped of life, we strip unborn babies of their chance to live. If some kids in a small town in TN could gather paperclips in memory of each brother, sister, mother, or father, that were killed in the Holocaust, can't I at least do something?! 

Recently, as I tried to visualize the grave truth of the nearly 60,000,000 babies who have been killed since abortion was legalized in the United States on January 22, 1973, I didn't know where to begin.  I couldn't even come close to picturing such a massive, devastating number of deaths.  Yet, I didn't want to close my eyes and turn away. I think we need to see a tangible representation of lives lost due to this silent holocaust.  This is something we can do! 

Will you help me by gathering and sending in pins
 to represent these lives?  
oPIN your eyes is collecting diaper and safety pins: any size, any color.

Above all, please pray that God will be the One that brings this project together and that He will use this to open our eyes!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 PM

    WOW! I was in tears reading this. I had no idea that many innocent babies were robbed of their lives...thank you for posting! I will help collect pins and I will spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick Irvin10:21 AM

    This is a really great project - It gives me hope to see someone with a heart for the innocent and helpless! I just read a book about the horrors committed by Gosnell and his staff in Philadeplphia - we cannot as a Christian people stand by and ignore this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1thankfulheart11:21 AM

    Thank you for sharing your heart! Your message brought tears to my eyes. We, as a country, do need to opin our eyes. I will help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Dear oPIN your eyes,

    I read about your oPIN initiative. I think it’s great that you taking action for something you believe in.

    I had an abortion. Your mom knows me, so I won’t tell you my name.

    To be specific, my girlfriend had an abortion. It was a difficult decision for she and I. Ultimately, she made it (it is her body after all). I supported her & and her & our decision 100%.

    I hope you don’t think I am a murderer or a Nazi. Mr. Olasky says I am. I don’t regret our choice. We did the best we could at that time.

    I hope you are happy with your project, although I don’t support Mr. Olasky’s hateful message.

    In the Bible, Jesus didn’t say ugly things to prostitutes (John 7 & 8) or any sinner for that matter. He didn’t try to shame them or make them feel bad for the choices they made. No. He lifted everyone up in love and compassion.

    I thought that is what Christians do... imitate Christ, correct?

    (Reposted: Webmaster politely requests that name is not listed. Name removed. Content unchanged.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I just read your comment and thought about how we Christians are thinking " Oh, were so Christ like for not doing abortion" and then go off and tell people that their murderers for doing abortion. The passagae that you gave really made me think about how we shouldn't shame poeple out of abortion but to rather show them a different way, which is why I think oPIN your eyes is a great oppurtunity to show people.

      Delete
  5. Hey, this is a fantastic idea! It's a really great way to show people how many lives are being taken at the age of 0-4 months. I hope you reach your goal and that this reaches out to people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came here from TPS and I'm so glad that you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for stopping by, Christina! Thank you for your encouragement! There is less than 1 month left if you would like to donate any pins. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!